Friday, October 25, 2013

Meatloaf

Meatloaf seems like a staple, a staple with so many variations that you can really make it your own. I have been making meatloaf for awhile now and let me just say that no two recipes are ever the same for me... because I NEVER measure any of the ingredients I add. The proportions listed are usually eyeballed and adjusted depending on the texture when I'm mixing. You can add a 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of any herb or seasoning you feel like and you can see how this easily turns into something a little different every time. Also, I have used ground turkey in this recipe and that is a great alternative.

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 lb. Jimmy Dean Sausage
1/2 onion chopped
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp. mustard
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 375. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, roll up your sleeves and mash it together. Cover a baking sheet in tin foil and move the meat mixture to the sheet. Form in to the shape of a loaf.



Cook for 45 minutes. Spoon the glaze over the meatloaf and return to the oven for 10 minutes.

Ketchup Glaze Ingredients:

1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. brown sugar

Combine in a bowl and stir until smooth.



Remove from oven and let set for about 5 minutes. (This picture is only half the meatloaf... I forgot to take a picture before serving!)



Enjoy with your favorite sides... mash potatoes and green beans are always good!

No comments:

Post a Comment